Bug A Salt Review
You may have heard about tiger hunting, deer hunting, and snake hunting but have you ever heard of insect hunting? Well! If your home or immediate surroundings are infested with one of the nastiest bug – the fly then you can get a free license for insect hunting!
All this can be achieved using a miniaturized shotgun and everyday table salt. What are we talking about? It’s the new and innovative Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun!
As you know, flies can be quite the nuisance. The housefly known as Musca domestica is a transmitter of several diseases including Entamoeba histolytica, dysentery, typhoid, viral hepatitis, and Hymenolepis nana among others. The last thing you would want is your children or family get affected by one of the diseases.
They are known to lay eggs on decaying organic matter and hence the first step to prevention is to remove any garbage or pet faeces that might be present in your immediate home environment including the lawn or garden area.
The second line of action will always be the Bug a salt fly eradication gun!
What is Bug-A-Salt?
Bug a salt is a state of the art insect eradication device that can be used with ease by children as well as adults. This bug killing device is in the shape of a shotgun and helps in eradicating pesky houseflies. As the name suggests, the ammo is nothing more than ordinary table salt.
The gun weighs only 2.25lbs and the dimensions are 3 x 8 x 23 inches. The good news is that it kills flies without tearing them to pieces!
Besides the above there are 2 new versions available
How to use Bug A Salt Gun
The Bug A Salt gun is extremely easy to operate. The following steps will help you to use it effectively:
- The first step is to lift the LOADER CAP, which is situated close to the gun barrel.
- Next, pour granulated table salt that you use every day.
- Note: The loader can easily hold around 80 shots
- You will be able to see the salt from the “salt viewing window” on the side body of the gun under the loader cap.
- Now, slide the cocking handle (just like you would do in a shotgun) towards you and push it away towards the barrel of the gun.
- Sliding the cocking handle will activate the guns “Auto Safety” mode and also enable the “pop-up” sight to appear
- The gun is now ready to fire
- Now, release the “auto safety” by pushing it towards you
- Aim at the flies and fire!
The Bug A Salt gun comes with quite a few features and this includes:
- Non-Toxic and environmentally friendly: It uses everyday salt as bullets. It is a non-toxic, non-chemical, and environmentally friendly way of getting rid of pesky house flies.
- No Electricity or batteries: The gun doesn’t require batteries or electricity to operate and hence is extremely inexpensive to use
- Look and feel: The look and feel is just like that of a shotgun and the experience of shooting flies can vary from a 24″ spray pattern to that of a 36″ sniper shot.
- Kills flies on windows: “One shot – one kill”! The gun is dead accurate at killing flies sitting nicely on the window glass.
- Kills bugs: If your ceiling witnesses bugs then just choose your target and shoot. You can relax on your couch and use this weapon to kill bugs in room corners or on ceilings.
- Fun—Say goodbye to insect intruders
Bug A SALT – FAQs
Is the gun dangerous?
No, If used correctly. Do not shoot anyone in the face or eyes. Treat the gun with respect as like any other firearm.It will not penetrate skin or damage the furniture
What kind of salt to be used?
Any kind of granulated table salt
Will the salt splatter the bug?
No, it does not. The bug will remain whole for easy cleanup
How much salt does the gun shoot?
Very small amount, A pinch of salt.
What about the range of salt gun?
Precisely within 3-4 feet range is ideal. You can see it by shooting the aluminum foils to notice the salt spray pattern
How many shots available after every loading?
The gun holds up to 80 shots before reloading
Pros and Cons
Just like any other bug killing mechanism or solution, this gun also has its pros and cons. Let’s check some of them.
Tips for using bug a salt
This is one gun that is quite safe to use but you will need to practice a little before you start killing flies off the air! The product package does contain a small tin foil, which can be used for target shooting and patterning. The more you practice, the better your aim would be.
There are not too many bug killing guns out there and hence Bug A Salt does top the list with its great accuracy and higher effectiveness of getting rid of house flies, bugs, and even small spiders. The gun is fairly easy to use and you will never run out of ammo as long as you have table salt in your home.
You can do the role-play of being the next-gen navy seal but your partner might not be too happy with all the salt strewn around your house. All in all, this is a neat little fly eradication device that will definitely make you trigger happy!